Memory Clinic and geriatric clinic includes specialists from a wide variety of disciplines including neuropsychology, geriatrics, geropsychiatry, therapy who are available to participate in a patient’s evaluation. We evaluate and care for people with memory concerns, Alzheimer’s disease, frontotemporal dementia, rapidly progressive dementia, dementia with Lewy bodies and Huntington’s disease.
Symptoms of Memory loss
Some of the symptoms of memory loss can include:
- Changes in performing daily activities or changes in job performance.
- Becoming more forgetful.
- Having trouble with short-term memory.
- Need more reminders.
- Forgetting recent conversations.
- Asking the same question over and over again.
- Forgetting appointments, special occasions, or forgetting to take medications.
- Difficulty finding the right word.
- Regularly misplacing items, such as keys or wallet.
- Difficultly looking after finances (writing cheques, banking or investing money)
- Getting lost in familiar areas.
- Changes in personality for example, feeling sad,irritable or less interested.
How Can We Help
- Assessment, diagnosis, behavioral therapy and medication management.
- Diagnoses and treatment of comorbid conditions.
- Ability to include family member in assessment and diagnoses.
- Medical exam and evaluation to rule out other possible causes of symptoms.
- Offer long term follow up care after diagnoses and assessment.
- Family education and support to help with challenging experience of stress.
- Home medications review and management.
Please use our Online Referral form to make an appointment or
Email us : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call Us at 321-270-9989.